Skip to main content

Idioms & Animals

Idioms with animal words

Hi guys❗ Today, the idiom lesson is related to 🦋 🐱 🐶 🐺 🐋. Do you know idioms with animals❓

In case you don't. I challenge you to guess the meaning of ❺ idioms mentioned in the following conversations, could you guess what each one means❓

💬
Peter: Have you tell our mum about the 🎁.
Rose: Sorry❗ I was trying to keep it a secret but, when we were talking, I let the 🐱 out of the bag.

💬
Sonja: What do you like the most about Charlie❓
Emma: I ❤️ that he's a social 🦋.

💬
Mario: My 🐶  has eaten my 📄 this morning.
Teacher: Mario, you did say the same excuse last week. If you cry 🐺 too many times, eventually no-one will believe you.

💬
Son: Bye mum❗
Mum: Don't leave the ☂ at home. It's raining 🐱🐱🐱 and 🐶🐶🐶.

💬
Charles: How was your holidays in the 🇺🇸❓
Johnny: I had a 🐋 of a ⏰. I visited many touristic places like the 🗽.

Did you guess the meanings of these idioms❓ Well; if you are 😕, don't 😟 don't 😢. Let's see their meanings 😉.




'let the cat out of the bag'
unintentionally tell a secret.

'(a) social butterfly'
a person who feels quite
confortable in social situations, so that they
can interact with people in social events.

'cry wolf'
ask for help when someone do not
need it, so that people will not believe
them when they really need help.

'rain cats a dogs'
rain very hard/heavily.


'have a whale of a time'
enjoy oneself; get pleasure from
a situation that we are in.



Thanks a ton for reading this post. I hope everyone has enjoyed this lesson. Tell me in the 💬 bellow if you've enjoyed it.

Don't forget that if you have any question, you can send me a message using the contact form 📧.
In case you want to know when a new lesson is available, subscribe 🔝 😀.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Idioms & Cities

Idioms with names of Cities & Towns Hi guys❗ Do you know idioms with the name of cities or towns ❓ In case you don't. I challenge you to guess the meaning of ❹ idioms mentioned in the following conversations, could you guess what each one means ❓ 💬 Sarah: I wish to learn 🇯🇵. Which way is better, learning it in a institute or learning online ❓ Diego: It depens on you. Both are good options. All roads lead to Rome ❗ 💬 Olly : Resigning from my job for working in that company was a Himalayan blunder ❗ Rose: Why ❓   Olly : I don't have enough ⏳ for studying. 💬 Tiffany: I set 👆 a cafe a couple of months ago, but it hasn't taken off . Phillip : Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day . 💬 Charlie: How was your holiday s ❓ James  : I met my Waterloo . Charlie: Why ❓ James  : I try to 🏄. Did you guess the meanings of these idioms ❓ Well; if you are 😕, don't 😟 . Let's see their meanings 😉. ...

Confusing Words

Rent vs. Let Hi guys❗ I'm sure that you have ever heard these words, which sometimes are confused. Do you know what the difference between them is❓ If you don't know it, read the following  ❷  conversations and try to guess. Good luck 🍀❗ 💬 Alice: I'm getting married the next moth. Louis: Congratulations❗ Alice: This is an invitation to my wedding. Louis:  Many thanks❗ Alice: You're welcome❗ Do you know where Maggie lives ❓ I wanna give her one. Louis: She   rents  a flat in the centre of the city. 💬 James: I wanna move from my parent's 🏡. Do you know somebody who rents a room❓ Jeff: Yes. Me. I  let  the spare rooms to tourists. Now, I have one available. Did you guess the difference between these verbs ❓ Well; if you are 😕, don´t 😟 don´t 😢. Let´s see their uses 😉. Rent To pay 💰 to 👨👩 so that you can use something that they own, like a 🏡, machine, etc., for a long period of ⏳.      ...
'it´s all Greek to me ' 👋 guys❗ How is it going❓ Have you ever heard this proverb❓ Maybe, you know its meaning because your grandma has told you it so many times. If you have never heard this saying,  you could get  😕  after you read it or maybe you´ve just guessed the meaning. Well, don´t be 😟, don´t 😢. Let me tell you it. 👨👩 say  'It/something is all Greek to them'   to mean that they can not understand that. Origin The origin youto keepiously comes from the incident of Van Gogh, the painter cutting his left ear off after a series of mental illnesses. But the literary origin of the phrase is not available. Van Gogh, after cutting his ear off and rendering himself totally deaf continued to play loud music and tried to sing along too. He was always off key of course. So the expression also refers to someone who can’t sing very well.Source:  theidioms.co For example:      Antoine tried to teach me how to play ...