Skip to main content

Confusing Words

Do you know what's the difference between the following confusing words



Remember & Remind
 
Work & Job                                                     Leave &. Forget
Hear & Listen                                           Fun & Funny


Well; if you are 😕, don´t 😟 don´t 😢. Let´s see the differences😉.

Work vs. Job 
Work is what you do to earn money.
💬
Alice: What kind of work do you do
Mike: I sing in pubs. I take part in a rock band.
Job is the particular type of work that you do.
💬
Claude: What´s up with Pauline these days❓
Jeremy: She's got a job as a teacher.

Remember vs. Remind 
If you remember something, a fact or event from the past or something you earlier decided to do, comes back to your mind.
💬 
Marry: This is Carla. Do you remember her❓
James: Yes, of course.
💬
Henri: I don´t remember my first day at school.
Dean: Neither am I.
If you reminds you to do something, or something reminds you of something, they make you remember it. 
💬
Stephen: I´m sorry. I´ve forgotten your name. Can you remind me❓
Jeremy: Don´t worry. It´s Jeremy.
💬
Sam: You need to finish that report.
Tina: Don´t remind me.

Leave vs. Forget
If you want to talk about the place where you have left something, use the verb leave, not the verb forget.
💬
Angel: Hello mom, I left my 🔑🔑 at home.
Mom: You always forget them.

Hear vs. Listen
If you hear something, you know that sound has been made, and can often recognise what it is.
She heard footsteps behind her.
If you listen to something or someone, you pay attention to the words, sounds and music that they are making.
Sorry, I wasn´t listening.

Fun vs. Funny
Use fun to talk about events and activities that are enjoyable, such as games and parties.
💬
Karen: What do you do for fun
Sonja: I go to gigs.
Funny is a n adjective that describes someone or something that makes you laugh.
💬
Monica: I remember that. It was very embarrassing.
Rachel: Yes. I was really embarrassed, but then I saw the funny thing of it.

I hope you enjoy this lesson. Tell me in the 💬 if you have any question related to these confussing words.
If you want to know when a new lesson is available, suscribe 🔝😀.

Download .docx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acronyms

What are Acronyms? 👋 guys❗ How are you ❓ I was wondering if you remember what an acronym  is. I'm sure you've used them, but maybe you don't remember what exactly they are. They are abbrevations that consist of the first letter of each word in the name of something -such as an organization, an illness, a phrase or a tittle- promounced as a word. For example, NASA is the National Aeronautics and Space Administration 🇺🇸👨👩🚀.  This week, I've mentioned another in our last vocabulary lesson about the Chinese Zodiac. I used the phrase The GOAT for referring to Roger Federer. Would you like to know why ❓ I'll tell you it in the following paragraph 👇. Guys, you know, Roger Federer is the most successful 🎾👨 in the Open Era;  but also, he is called 'The 🐐': The Greatest Of All Times. So, 'The 🐐' is the way fans and the 📰 📻 📺📱 called exceptional 👨👩 who are the best in the history of their field. Not only 'The