Skip to main content

Idioms & Art

Idioms related to Art Performances

Hi guys. Today, I'll tell you what are the meanings of some idioms related to ๐ŸŽญ๐ŸŽค๐Ÿ’ƒ. I´ll write conversations where one of these idioms will be mentioned in each one. Could you guess their meanings❓ Let's begin...

๐Ÿ’ฌ
 Alice: It´s my turn.
 Sonja: Break a leg
 Alice: Cheers
 Sonja: You´re welcome.

๐Ÿ’ฌ
 Charlie: I think I should give up ⚽. I´m not good enough.
 Sammy: NoThis isn´t over till the fat ๐Ÿ‘ฉ ๐ŸŽค. 

๐Ÿ’ฌ
 John: The next band is not here.
 Dean: Well, the show must go on.

๐Ÿ’ฌ
 Pierre: It´s my ❌. I forgot to buy the tickets.
 James: No way. It takes to ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ’ƒ.

 ๐Ÿ’ฌ
 Reporter: This is your first time on the red carpet. How do you feel❓
 Celebrity: It´s amazing❗ I can´t believe it.
 Reporter: Tonight, you are in the ๐Ÿ”ฆ. You look as georgeous as ever.
 Celebrity: Many thanks.

Did you guess the meanings of these idioms❓ Well; if you are ๐Ÿ˜•, don´t ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ don´t ๐Ÿ˜ข. Let´s see their meanings๐Ÿ˜‰.


"Break a leg!"
Good luck!๐Ÿ€ 


"It is not over until the fat lady sings" 
There is still for a situation to change.


"The show must go on"
Someone can still doing something despite difficulties.


"It takes two to tango"
Both parties involved in a bad situation
are equally responsible for it.

"In the spotlight"
The centre of attention.


I hope that all of you can understand this lesson and if you want to recieve a worksheet with exercises, suscribe๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ˜€.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acronyms

What are Acronyms? ๐Ÿ‘‹ guys❗ How are you ❓ I was wondering if you remember what an acronym  is. I'm sure you've used them, but maybe you don't remember what exactly they are. They are abbrevations that consist of the first letter of each word in the name of something -such as an organization, an illness, a phrase or a tittle- promounced as a word. For example, NASA is the National Aeronautics and Space Administration ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿš€.  This week, I've mentioned another in our last vocabulary lesson about the Chinese Zodiac. I used the phrase The GOAT for referring to Roger Federer. Would you like to know why ❓ I'll tell you it in the following paragraph ๐Ÿ‘‡. Guys, you know, Roger Federer is the most successful ๐ŸŽพ๐Ÿ‘จ in the Open Era;  but also, he is called 'The ๐Ÿ': The Greatest Of All Times. So, 'The ๐Ÿ' is the way fans and the ๐Ÿ“ฐ ๐Ÿ“ป ๐Ÿ“บ๐Ÿ“ฑ called exceptional ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿ‘ฉ who are the best in the history of their field. Not only 'The