Skip to main content

Idioms & Book

Idioms with the word 'Book'

Hi guys. Today, I'll tell you what are the meanings of some idioms that use the word ๐Ÿ“•. I´'ll write ❺ conversations in which one of these idioms will be mentioned in each one. Could you guess their meanings❓ Let's begin...

๐Ÿ’ฌ
 Rose: Congratulations❗ You've got the job.
 Beth: Cheers❗How do you know it❓ 
 Rose: You are an ๐Ÿ“–. You looks very happy.

๐Ÿ’ฌ
 Ted: I think we should do it by the ๐Ÿ“•.
 Tod: I agree with you.

๐Ÿ’ฌ
 John: Math always has his ๐Ÿ‘ƒ in a ๐Ÿ“•.
 Karl: I know, he is keen on science-fiction ๐Ÿ“š.

๐Ÿ’ฌ
 Diana: Jessie seems to be very arrogant, isn´t she❓
 James: Actually, she is shy. You should never judge the ๐Ÿ“• by its cover.

 ๐Ÿ’ฌ
 Raphael: Do you know Diego❓
 Dominic: Of course❗ He is one of the best ⚽ players.
 Raphael: Due to it, he's on  the coach´s good ๐Ÿ“š .

Did you guess the meanings of these idioms❓ Well; if you are ๐Ÿ˜•, don´t ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ don´t ๐Ÿ˜ข. Let´s see their meanings๐Ÿ˜‰.


It´s easy to know what a person
is feeling or thinking.

To do something exactly
as the rules tell you

To be reading.

(Not) to speculate about someone´'s
character just by looking at them

Used to say that someone
is pleased with you.



I hope that everyone can understand this lesson.
In case you want to know when a new lesson is available, subscribe๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ˜€.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'it´s all Greek to me ' ๐Ÿ‘‹ guys❗ How is it going❓ Have you ever heard this proverb❓ Maybe, you know its meaning because your grandma has told you it so many times. If you have never heard this saying,  you could get  ๐Ÿ˜•  after you read it or maybe you´ve just guessed the meaning. Well, don´t be ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ, don´t ๐Ÿ˜ข. Let me tell you it. ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿ‘ฉ say  'It/something is all Greek to them'   to mean that they can not understand that. Origin The origin youto keepiously comes from the incident of Van Gogh, the painter cutting his left ear off after a series of mental illnesses. But the literary origin of the phrase is not available. Van Gogh, after cutting his ear off and rendering himself totally deaf continued to play loud music and tried to sing along too. He was always off key of course. So the expression also refers to someone who can’t sing very well.Source:  theidioms.co For example:      Antoine tried to teach me how to play ...
'Time flies ' ๐Ÿ‘‹ guys❗ How is it going❓ Have you ever heard this proverb❓ Maybe, you know its meaning because your grandpather has told you it so many times. If you have never heard this saying,  you could get  ๐Ÿ˜•  after you read it or maybe you´ve just guessed the meaning. Well, don´t be ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ, don´t ๐Ÿ˜ข. Let me tell you it. ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿ‘ฉ say  'Time flies '   to mean that   'Time seems to pass very quickly' . Origin The origin youto keepiously comes from the incident of Van Gogh, the painter cutting his left ear off after a series of mental illnesses. But the literary origin of the phrase is not available. Van Gogh, after cutting his ear off and rendering himself totally deaf continued to play loud music and tried to sing along too. He was always off key of course. So the expression also refers to someone who can’t sing very well.Source:  theidioms.co For example:      Jean, you must eat fruits, especially ๐Ÿs. Remember...

Confusing Words

Rent vs. Let Hi guys❗ I'm sure that you have ever heard these words, which sometimes are confused. Do you know what the difference between them is❓ If you don't know it, read the following  ❷  conversations and try to guess. Good luck ๐Ÿ€❗ ๐Ÿ’ฌ Alice: I'm getting married the next moth. Louis: Congratulations❗ Alice: This is an invitation to my wedding. Louis:  Many thanks❗ Alice: You're welcome❗ Do you know where Maggie lives ❓ I wanna give her one. Louis: She   rents  a flat in the centre of the city. ๐Ÿ’ฌ James: I wanna move from my parent's ๐Ÿก. Do you know somebody who rents a room❓ Jeff: Yes. Me. I  let  the spare rooms to tourists. Now, I have one available. Did you guess the difference between these verbs ❓ Well; if you are ๐Ÿ˜•, don´t ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ don´t ๐Ÿ˜ข. Let´s see their uses ๐Ÿ˜‰. Rent To pay ๐Ÿ’ฐ to ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿ‘ฉ so that you can use something that they own, like a ๐Ÿก, machine, etc., for a long period of ⏳.      ...