Skip to main content

Other ways to say

Thank you

Hi guys❗ You know, being courteous is very important in English. Therefore, we should be gracious and use polite phrases such as thank you, which is not the only expression to thank 👨👩. Do you know others❓


In the following conversations, you can find of them. Try to guess the differences between them.

💬
Laura : I missed maths class the last week. Can you explain the lesson to me, please
Daniel: Don't 😟. It's as easy as 🔤.
Laura : Thanks for the help, Daniel. I own you one.


💬
Waitress: Here you have your .
Martha  : Cheers

💬
Waitress: Happy birthday
Martha  : 🌷🌷🌷. You shouldn't have

💬
Jonh: Here's the 📁 you requested.
Matt: Oh! I'm much obliged to you.

Did you guess the difference between the previous ways to say thank you❓ Well; if you are 😕, don´t 😟. Let´s see their meanings and other ones' meanings

Thank you
Thank you is used as a polite answer for a polite question or to show you are grateful for something. Usually people say Thank you very much or Thank you kindly to sound polite.
    Thank you very much.
    Thank you kindly.

Thanks
This is, probably, the most well-known informal way to say thank you. We can add other words to make this respond stronger such us many: Many thanks. Brits use Thanks a ton when speaking to a friend. While, Thanks a million is an informal way to say Thank you very much.
    Thanks for the help.
    Many thanks for the lovely flowers.
    Thanks a ton.      ↔️     Thanks a lot.
    Thanks a million.

I owe you (one)
This informal phrase is used to thank somebody for their help and telling them you will do something for them in the future. English speakers say I'm eternaly indebted to you to mean I own you in more formal situations.
    I own you one.
    I'm eternally indebted to you for it.

Cheers
This colloquial expression is used to mean thank you in South Africa 🇿🇦 and the UK 🇬🇧.
    Cheers!

I really appreciate (sth)
Use it when you are thanking someone or expressing your gratitude.
    I really appretiate your support very much.

You shouldn't have
You can say this after someone has give you a 🎁 to mean that you didn't expect it.
   Flowers. You shouldn't have!

Ta
When Brits want to thank 👨👩 such as close friends or family, they say this very informal word.
    Ta!

Much obliged
Much obligued is an old-fashioned phrase to thank 👨👩 and say you are grateful. Use it in very formal situations.
    I'm much obliged to you.

I'm sure you have your own particular way to say thank you. So, I challenge you to use one of the others. Do you accept the challenge

I hope everyone has enjoyed this lesson. Tell me in the 💬 if you have any question.

Thanks a ton for reading this post. In case you want to know when a new lesson is available, subscribe 🔝 😀.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acronyms

What are Acronyms? 👋 guys❗ How are you ❓ I was wondering if you remember what an acronym  is. I'm sure you've used them, but maybe you don't remember what exactly they are. They are abbrevations that consist of the first letter of each word in the name of something -such as an organization, an illness, a phrase or a tittle- promounced as a word. For example, NASA is the National Aeronautics and Space Administration 🇺🇸👨👩🚀.  This week, I've mentioned another in our last vocabulary lesson about the Chinese Zodiac. I used the phrase The GOAT for referring to Roger Federer. Would you like to know why ❓ I'll tell you it in the following paragraph 👇. Guys, you know, Roger Federer is the most successful 🎾👨 in the Open Era;  but also, he is called 'The 🐐': The Greatest Of All Times. So, 'The 🐐' is the way fans and the 📰 📻 📺📱 called exceptional 👨👩 who are the best in the history of their field. Not only 'The