Skip to main content

Vocabulary

Accommodation

Hi guys❗ How are things❓

Today, I have a couple of questions for you. They are: Which kind of accommodation is the building in the picture bellow❓ How many types of accommodation do you know❓

If you know the answers, please write them in the comments bellow.
In case you can't remember some of them, don't 😟. I'll remind you the most well-known, they are:

🏠 House /haʊs/
I'm totally sure that you know this word. A house is a building for 👨👩 to live in, usually a family.

🏡 Detached House /dɪˈtætʃt .haʊs/
A detached house is, a kind of 🏠, a 🏠 which is not joined to another one on either side. In 🇺🇸, 👨👩 say One-family House.

🏡🏠Semi-detached House /semidɪˈtætʃt .haʊs/
It is called semi-detached because of the fact that is a 🏠 which is joined to another 🏠 on a side.

🏠🏠🏠 Terraced House /ˈterəst .haʊs/
This one is a 🏠 that is one of a set of 🏠s that are joined together each side. 🇺🇸 👨👩 say Townhouse.

Bungalow /ˈbʌngələʊ/
A bungalow, also called a Ranch House by 🇺🇸 English speakers, is a 🏠 built in the countryside.

Cottage /kɒtɪdʒ/
It is a small 🏠, especially in the countryside.

Mansion /ˈɪnænʃn/
This is the opposite to a cottage. A mansion is a large impressive 🏠.

🏰🏯 Castle /kɑːsl/
A castle is a large strong building with thick high walls and towers, built in the past by considered important 👨👩 such as 👑👨s and 👑👩s, to defend themselves against attacks.

Palace /ˈpæləs/
You might find this noun in fairy tails. A palace is the official home of a 👑👨, 👑👩, president, etc.

Flat /flæt/
A flat, also known as Apartment by 🇺🇸 👨👩, is a set of rooms for living in, including a kitchen, usually on one floor of a building.

Lodging /ˈlɒdʒɪŋ/
A room or rooms in 👨👩´s 🏠 that you rent to live in.

🏨 Hotel /həʊˈtel/
A hotel is a building where 👨👩 stay, usually for a short period of ⌛, paying for the rooms and meals.

Caravan /ˈkærəvæn/
A caravan is a road vehicle without the engine that is pull by a 🚗, designed for 👨👩 to live, especially used when they are on holidays. Also, it is called Camper and Trailer by 🇺🇸 👨👩.


Let's practise❗
What type of accommodation do you live in❓  Which are the upsides and drawbacks of living it❓  Would you like to live in other sort of accommodation❓  Which one❓  Have you ever rent one of the other kind of accommodation to live in or to stay on holidays❓  Which one❓  Have you ever visited a 🏰🏯 or palace❓  What is the name of this building❓

Thanks a ton for reading this post. I hope that you've enjoyed this vocabulary lesson. Tell me in the 💬 if you have any question.



In case you want to know when a new lesson is available, subscribe 🔝😃.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confusing Words

Rent vs. Let Hi guys❗ I'm sure that you have ever heard these words, which sometimes are confused. Do you know what the difference between them is❓ If you don't know it, read the following  ❷  conversations and try to guess. Good luck 🍀❗ 💬 Alice: I'm getting married the next moth. Louis: Congratulations❗ Alice: This is an invitation to my wedding. Louis:  Many thanks❗ Alice: You're welcome❗ Do you know where Maggie lives ❓ I wanna give her one. Louis: She   rents  a flat in the centre of the city. 💬 James: I wanna move from my parent's 🏡. Do you know somebody who rents a room❓ Jeff: Yes. Me. I  let  the spare rooms to tourists. Now, I have one available. Did you guess the difference between these verbs ❓ Well; if you are 😕, don´t 😟 don´t 😢. Let´s see their uses 😉. Rent To pay 💰 to 👨👩 so that you can use something that they own, like a 🏡, machine, etc., for a long period of ⏳.      ...

Idioms & Cities

Idioms with names of Cities & Towns Hi guys❗ Do you know idioms with the name of cities or towns ❓ In case you don't. I challenge you to guess the meaning of ❹ idioms mentioned in the following conversations, could you guess what each one means ❓ 💬 Sarah: I wish to learn 🇯🇵. Which way is better, learning it in a institute or learning online ❓ Diego: It depens on you. Both are good options. All roads lead to Rome ❗ 💬 Olly : Resigning from my job for working in that company was a Himalayan blunder ❗ Rose: Why ❓   Olly : I don't have enough ⏳ for studying. 💬 Tiffany: I set 👆 a cafe a couple of months ago, but it hasn't taken off . Phillip : Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day . 💬 Charlie: How was your holiday s ❓ James  : I met my Waterloo . Charlie: Why ❓ James  : I try to 🏄. Did you guess the meanings of these idioms ❓ Well; if you are 😕, don't 😟 . Let's see their meanings 😉. ...

Confusing Words

Shout vs. Cry Hi guys❗ I'm sure that you have ever heard these words, which sometimes are confused. Do you know what the difference between them is❓ If you don't know it, read the following ❸ conversations and try to guess. Good luck 🍀❗ 💬 Matt: What Roger said when he shouted to you after class ❓ Ann: He shouted to me to wait for him beacuse we take the same 🚆 . 💬 Sonja: Could you recommend watching this drama 📺 series ❓ Laura: Absolutely. It always makes me cry . 💬 Henry: What Sarah did when she saw the 🐭 ❓ Robin: She cried out in panic . She's afraid of mice. Did you guess the difference between these verbs ❓ Well; if you are 😕, don´t 😟 don´t 😢. Let´s see their uses 😉. Shout Shout means to say something very loudly when:  1.You want 👨👩 to hear you in noisy situations .       He shouted to me to wait for him.                ↳ shout  + to  + sb  + ...