Skip to main content

Grammar

Be used to & Get used to

Have you ever heard about them❓ Do you know how to use each one❓ If you don't, read the following ❷ conversations and try to guess. Good luck 🍀❗

💬
Chris: You've moved from London, haven't you❓
Rose: Yeah.
Chris: Living here is a whole new ball game, isn't it❓
Rose:  Yes, it is. But I'm getting used to living here.

💬
Daniel: This is not your first time playing 🎾. You are used to playing this sport, aren't you❓
Rodrigo: Yes, I am. I've played 🎾 for years.

Did you guess how to use 'be used to' and 'get used to'❓ Well; if you are 😕, don´t 😟. Let´s see their uses❗

We use be used to for talking about familiar situations.
      You are used to playing this sport, aren't you.
              ↳ be used to + gerund
      I'm used to Spanish.
              ↳ be used to + noun

Get used to is used for saying that situations are becoming familiar to us.
      But, I'm getting used to living here.
                ↳ get used to  + gerund
      I'm getting used to Japanese.
              ↳ get used to + noun


Thanks a ton for reading this post. I hope everyone has enjoyed this lesson. Tell me in the 💬 bellow if you've enjoyed it.

Don't forget that if you have any question, you can send me a message using the contact form 📧.
In case you want to know when a new lesson is available, subscribe 🔝 😀.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'it´s all Greek to me ' 👋 guys❗ How is it going❓ Have you ever heard this proverb❓ Maybe, you know its meaning because your grandma has told you it so many times. If you have never heard this saying,  you could get  😕  after you read it or maybe you´ve just guessed the meaning. Well, don´t be 😟, don´t 😢. Let me tell you it. 👨👩 say  'It/something is all Greek to them'   to mean that they can not understand that. Origin The origin youto keepiously comes from the incident of Van Gogh, the painter cutting his left ear off after a series of mental illnesses. But the literary origin of the phrase is not available. Van Gogh, after cutting his ear off and rendering himself totally deaf continued to play loud music and tried to sing along too. He was always off key of course. So the expression also refers to someone who can’t sing very well.Source:  theidioms.co For example:      Antoine tried to teach me how to play ...
'Time flies ' 👋 guys❗ How is it going❓ Have you ever heard this proverb❓ Maybe, you know its meaning because your grandpather has told you it so many times. If you have never heard this saying,  you could get  😕  after you read it or maybe you´ve just guessed the meaning. Well, don´t be 😟, don´t 😢. Let me tell you it. 👨👩 say  'Time flies '   to mean that   'Time seems to pass very quickly' . Origin The origin youto keepiously comes from the incident of Van Gogh, the painter cutting his left ear off after a series of mental illnesses. But the literary origin of the phrase is not available. Van Gogh, after cutting his ear off and rendering himself totally deaf continued to play loud music and tried to sing along too. He was always off key of course. So the expression also refers to someone who can’t sing very well.Source:  theidioms.co For example:      Jean, you must eat fruits, especially 🍏s. Remember...

Confusing Words

Rent vs. Let Hi guys❗ I'm sure that you have ever heard these words, which sometimes are confused. Do you know what the difference between them is❓ If you don't know it, read the following  ❷  conversations and try to guess. Good luck 🍀❗ 💬 Alice: I'm getting married the next moth. Louis: Congratulations❗ Alice: This is an invitation to my wedding. Louis:  Many thanks❗ Alice: You're welcome❗ Do you know where Maggie lives ❓ I wanna give her one. Louis: She   rents  a flat in the centre of the city. 💬 James: I wanna move from my parent's 🏡. Do you know somebody who rents a room❓ Jeff: Yes. Me. I  let  the spare rooms to tourists. Now, I have one available. Did you guess the difference between these verbs ❓ Well; if you are 😕, don´t 😟 don´t 😢. Let´s see their uses 😉. Rent To pay 💰 to 👨👩 so that you can use something that they own, like a 🏡, machine, etc., for a long period of ⏳.      ...