Skip to main content

Phrasal Verbs

With 'Work'

Hi guys❗ I'm sure that you've said this word many times. Do you use phrasal verbs with 'work'❓

If you don't, don't 😕. I'll tell you some of them. Let's begin❗

Work at sth
To try hard to improve or achieve something..
     Learning kanji is not a 🍰. You have to work at it.
                                                                      ↳ work at (sth)
*'Kanji' is the 🇯🇵 writing system that uses 🇨🇳 symbols. 
     Jane works at improving her orthography.
                ↳ work at + gerund + (sth)

Work out
To make your body as fit as a 🎻 by doing exercises.
    Robin works out in the gym three time per week.
                ↳ work out (sth)

Work (sth) out
To think about something and manage to understand it.
     Although the 🔢 exercises were very tricky, Mark could work them out by himself.
                                                                                                 ↳ work (sth) out [+ by (himself)]


Work out to (sth)
To gradually prepare yourself in order to reach a difficult goal.
     Start by preparing 🍙 and then you could work out to preparing a delicious 🍱.
                                                                           ↳ work out to + [doing] + (sth)




💭  Remember that practice makes perfect❗


Thanks a ton for reading this post. I hope everyone has enjoyed this lesson. Tell me in the 💬 bellow if you've enjoyed it.

Don't forget that if you have any question, you can send me a message using the contact form 📧.

In case you want to know when a new lesson is available, subscribe 🔝 😀.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Idioms & Cities

Idioms with names of Cities & Towns Hi guys❗ Do you know idioms with the name of cities or towns ❓ In case you don't. I challenge you to guess the meaning of ❹ idioms mentioned in the following conversations, could you guess what each one means ❓ 💬 Sarah: I wish to learn 🇯🇵. Which way is better, learning it in a institute or learning online ❓ Diego: It depens on you. Both are good options. All roads lead to Rome ❗ 💬 Olly : Resigning from my job for working in that company was a Himalayan blunder ❗ Rose: Why ❓   Olly : I don't have enough ⏳ for studying. 💬 Tiffany: I set 👆 a cafe a couple of months ago, but it hasn't taken off . Phillip : Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day . 💬 Charlie: How was your holiday s ❓ James  : I met my Waterloo . Charlie: Why ❓ James  : I try to 🏄. Did you guess the meanings of these idioms ❓ Well; if you are 😕, don't 😟 . Let's see their meanings 😉. ...
'it´s all Greek to me ' 👋 guys❗ How is it going❓ Have you ever heard this proverb❓ Maybe, you know its meaning because your grandma has told you it so many times. If you have never heard this saying,  you could get  😕  after you read it or maybe you´ve just guessed the meaning. Well, don´t be 😟, don´t 😢. Let me tell you it. 👨👩 say  'It/something is all Greek to them'   to mean that they can not understand that. Origin The origin youto keepiously comes from the incident of Van Gogh, the painter cutting his left ear off after a series of mental illnesses. But the literary origin of the phrase is not available. Van Gogh, after cutting his ear off and rendering himself totally deaf continued to play loud music and tried to sing along too. He was always off key of course. So the expression also refers to someone who can’t sing very well.Source:  theidioms.co For example:      Antoine tried to teach me how to play ...

Confusing Words

Rent vs. Let Hi guys❗ I'm sure that you have ever heard these words, which sometimes are confused. Do you know what the difference between them is❓ If you don't know it, read the following  ❷  conversations and try to guess. Good luck 🍀❗ 💬 Alice: I'm getting married the next moth. Louis: Congratulations❗ Alice: This is an invitation to my wedding. Louis:  Many thanks❗ Alice: You're welcome❗ Do you know where Maggie lives ❓ I wanna give her one. Louis: She   rents  a flat in the centre of the city. 💬 James: I wanna move from my parent's 🏡. Do you know somebody who rents a room❓ Jeff: Yes. Me. I  let  the spare rooms to tourists. Now, I have one available. Did you guess the difference between these verbs ❓ Well; if you are 😕, don´t 😟 don´t 😢. Let´s see their uses 😉. Rent To pay 💰 to 👨👩 so that you can use something that they own, like a 🏡, machine, etc., for a long period of ⏳.      ...