Skip to main content

Other ways to say

Cheap 

Hi guys❗ How is it going❓

Yesterday,  I went to the stationery store in order to buy some items 📐📚 for my little nephew 👦. He starts school 🔛 monday. Anyway, I found many items which were a real bargain. So, I was wondering if you know #otherwaystosay #cheap 👌💰❓


In the following conversations, you can find ❸ of them. Try to guess the differences between them.

💬
Thomas: I'm looking for an economical package tour.
Maurice: Lucky you! This month, package tours are offered at inexpensive prices.

💬
Rose: Hi, girl How is it going❓
Alice: Hi❗ Oh my god❗ When do you buy that luxury 👗 
Rose: This one❓ Well, I got this 👗 half-price last year 🔛 Black Friday. It was a real bargain.

Did you guess the difference between the previous ways to say cheap❓ Well; if you are 😕, don´t 😟. Let´s see their meanings and other ones' meanings 😉.

Low-cost
We use this adjective as a synomym of cheap.
    A large number of 🏦s offers low-cost loans.

Affordable
This adjective is used for referring to the prices of things or services that are cheap enough for most 👨👩 to be able to buy or pay for.
    The bookshop sells novels at affordable prices.

Inexpensive
Its meaning is deducible, isn't it❓ - It means not expensive. 👨👩 use this adjective to talk objects or services of good quality although they do not cost a lot.
    This month, package tours are offered at inexpensive prices.

Economical
If you read the economical-vs-economics post, you know what it means. - 👨👩 use it to refer to something that provides a good service or value in relation to the amount of ⏳ or 💰 spent.
    I'm looking for an economical package tour.

Budget
This one is used for describing very cheap things. who are not married.
    That airline's offering budget flights for 🎄🎅.

A bargain
This noun is the way 👨👩 called something on sale at a lower price than its true value.
    I got this 👗 half-price last year 🔛 Black Friday. It was a real bargain.

Cheap and cheerful
Use this 🇬🇧 expression for saying that something is not expensive but of a reasonable quality. care of 👦👧.
    Cheap and cheerful 🍱 is served in that Japanese restaurant.

Cheap and nasty
This a 🇬🇧 way for saying that something is of very bad quality and costs little.


    I don't purchase 👟👟 in the supermarket. They're cheap and nasty.

I'm sure you have your own particular way to say cheap. So, I challenge you to use one of the others. Do you accept the challenge

Thanks a ton for reading this post. I hope everyone has enjoyed this lesson 😃. If you do, share it with a friend of yours who learn English.

Remember that if you have any question, you can send me a message using the contact form 📧.

In case you want to know when a new lesson is available, you can subscribe 🔝  - it's 🆓 😀.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acronyms

What are Acronyms? 👋 guys❗ How are you ❓ I was wondering if you remember what an acronym  is. I'm sure you've used them, but maybe you don't remember what exactly they are. They are abbrevations that consist of the first letter of each word in the name of something -such as an organization, an illness, a phrase or a tittle- promounced as a word. For example, NASA is the National Aeronautics and Space Administration 🇺🇸👨👩🚀.  This week, I've mentioned another in our last vocabulary lesson about the Chinese Zodiac. I used the phrase The GOAT for referring to Roger Federer. Would you like to know why ❓ I'll tell you it in the following paragraph 👇. Guys, you know, Roger Federer is the most successful 🎾👨 in the Open Era;  but also, he is called 'The 🐐': The Greatest Of All Times. So, 'The 🐐' is the way fans and the 📰 📻 📺📱 called exceptional 👨👩 who are the best in the history of their field. Not only 'The