Skip to main content

Other ways to say

Cheap 

Hi guys❗ How is it going❓

Yesterday,  I went to the stationery store in order to buy some items 📐📚 for my little nephew 👦. He starts school 🔛 monday. Anyway, I found many items which were a real bargain. So, I was wondering if you know #otherwaystosay #cheap 👌💰❓


In the following conversations, you can find ❸ of them. Try to guess the differences between them.

💬
Thomas: I'm looking for an economical package tour.
Maurice: Lucky you! This month, package tours are offered at inexpensive prices.

💬
Rose: Hi, girl❗ How is it going❓
Alice: Hi❗ Oh my god❗ When do you buy that luxury 👗 ❓
Rose: This one❓ Well, I got this 👗 half-price last year 🔛 Black Friday. It was a real bargain.

Did you guess the difference between the previous ways to say cheap❓ Well; if you are 😕, don´t 😟. Let´s see their meanings and other ones' meanings 😉.

Low-cost
We use this adjective as a synomym of cheap.
    A large number of 🏦s offers low-cost loans.

Affordable
This adjective is used for referring to the prices of things or services that are cheap enough for most 👨👩 to be able to buy or pay for.
    The bookshop sells novels at affordable prices.

Inexpensive
Its meaning is deducible, isn't it❓ - It means not expensive. 👨👩 use this adjective to talk objects or services of good quality although they do not cost a lot.
    This month, package tours are offered at inexpensive prices.

Economical
If you read the economical-vs-economics post, you know what it means. - 👨👩 use it to refer to something that provides a good service or value in relation to the amount of ⏳ or 💰 spent.
    I'm looking for an economical package tour.

Budget
This one is used for describing very cheap things. who are not married.
    That airline's offering budget flights for 🎄🎅.

A bargain
This noun is the way 👨👩 called something on sale at a lower price than its true value.
    I got this 👗 half-price last year 🔛 Black Friday. It was a real bargain.

Cheap and cheerful
Use this 🇬🇧 expression for saying that something is not expensive but of a reasonable quality. care of 👦👧.
    Cheap and cheerful 🍱 is served in that Japanese restaurant.

Cheap and nasty
This a 🇬🇧 way for saying that something is of very bad quality and costs little.


    I don't purchase 👟👟 in the supermarket. They're cheap and nasty.

I'm sure you have your own particular way to say cheap. So, I challenge you to use one of the others. Do you accept the challenge❓

Thanks a ton for reading this post. I hope everyone has enjoyed this lesson 😃. If you do, share it with a friend of yours who learn English.

Remember that if you have any question, you can send me a message using the contact form 📧.

In case you want to know when a new lesson is available, you can subscribe 🔝  - it's 🆓 😀.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Idioms & Cities

Idioms with names of Cities & Towns Hi guys❗ Do you know idioms with the name of cities or towns ❓ In case you don't. I challenge you to guess the meaning of ❹ idioms mentioned in the following conversations, could you guess what each one means ❓ 💬 Sarah: I wish to learn 🇯🇵. Which way is better, learning it in a institute or learning online ❓ Diego: It depens on you. Both are good options. All roads lead to Rome ❗ 💬 Olly : Resigning from my job for working in that company was a Himalayan blunder ❗ Rose: Why ❓   Olly : I don't have enough ⏳ for studying. 💬 Tiffany: I set 👆 a cafe a couple of months ago, but it hasn't taken off . Phillip : Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day . 💬 Charlie: How was your holiday s ❓ James  : I met my Waterloo . Charlie: Why ❓ James  : I try to 🏄. Did you guess the meanings of these idioms ❓ Well; if you are 😕, don't 😟 . Let's see their meanings 😉. ...
'it´s all Greek to me ' 👋 guys❗ How is it going❓ Have you ever heard this proverb❓ Maybe, you know its meaning because your grandma has told you it so many times. If you have never heard this saying,  you could get  😕  after you read it or maybe you´ve just guessed the meaning. Well, don´t be 😟, don´t 😢. Let me tell you it. 👨👩 say  'It/something is all Greek to them'   to mean that they can not understand that. Origin The origin youto keepiously comes from the incident of Van Gogh, the painter cutting his left ear off after a series of mental illnesses. But the literary origin of the phrase is not available. Van Gogh, after cutting his ear off and rendering himself totally deaf continued to play loud music and tried to sing along too. He was always off key of course. So the expression also refers to someone who can’t sing very well.Source:  theidioms.co For example:      Antoine tried to teach me how to play ...

Confusing Words

Rent vs. Let Hi guys❗ I'm sure that you have ever heard these words, which sometimes are confused. Do you know what the difference between them is❓ If you don't know it, read the following  ❷  conversations and try to guess. Good luck 🍀❗ 💬 Alice: I'm getting married the next moth. Louis: Congratulations❗ Alice: This is an invitation to my wedding. Louis:  Many thanks❗ Alice: You're welcome❗ Do you know where Maggie lives ❓ I wanna give her one. Louis: She   rents  a flat in the centre of the city. 💬 James: I wanna move from my parent's 🏡. Do you know somebody who rents a room❓ Jeff: Yes. Me. I  let  the spare rooms to tourists. Now, I have one available. Did you guess the difference between these verbs ❓ Well; if you are 😕, don´t 😟 don´t 😢. Let´s see their uses 😉. Rent To pay 💰 to 👨👩 so that you can use something that they own, like a 🏡, machine, etc., for a long period of ⏳.      ...