Skip to main content

Other ways to say

Save

Hi guys❗ I'm sure that you have ever saved 💰.  What are you saving 💰 for❓ Do you know other ways to say this word❓


In the following conversations, you can find  of them. Try to guess the differences between them.

💬
Husband: I'm going to a live match with the lads this weekend. 
Wife: Darling. We have to economize if we want to buy a 🆕 📺.

💬
Ted: I'll spend holidays with my sis in Lima. 
Tod: Nice❗ I'm visiting some friends there. What touristic attractions are you visiting❓
Ted: I've 👌+ed pennies to go to Caral.

💬
Rose: Lara, you have to tighten your belt. You've just spent a large amount of your salary.
Lara: Oh❗ 

Did you guess the difference between the previous ways to say save❓ Well; if you are 😕, don´t 😟. Let´s see their meanings and other ones' meanings 😉.

Budget
If 👨👩 budget, they plan to spend an amount of 💰 for a particular purpose.
    If you budget carefully, you will be able to buy a new 🚙.

Economize
This verb is used for referring to use less 💰, ⏳, etc. than normally is used.
    We have to economize if we want to buy a new 📺.

Save up
This phrasal verb means, in this context, the same as save. 👨👩 use it for saying that they keep 💰 instead of spending it.
    I'm saving up to move in.

Pinch pennies
If you've followed the EnglishWithAneu SNS (Social Networking Sites) -such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram- you know what it means. Use the idiom 'pinch pennies' to refer to spend a little less 💰 as possible. Some 👨👩 say 'pinch and scrape' to mean the same.
   I've 👌+ed pennies to go to Caral.
*Caral is the most ancient city in America located in Lima, Peru.

Tighten sb's belt
You can use this informal expression to say that you spend less 💰.
    Lara,  have to tighten your belt. 

I'm sure you have your own particular way to say 'save'. So, I challenge you to use one of the others. Do you accept the challenge

Thanks a ton for reading this post. I hope everyone has enjoyed this lesson 😃. If you do, share it with a friend of yours who learn English.

Remember that if you have any question, you can send me a message using the contact form 📧.
In case you want to know when a new lesson is available, subscribe 🔝 😀.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acronyms

What are Acronyms? 👋 guys❗ How are you ❓ I was wondering if you remember what an acronym  is. I'm sure you've used them, but maybe you don't remember what exactly they are. They are abbrevations that consist of the first letter of each word in the name of something -such as an organization, an illness, a phrase or a tittle- promounced as a word. For example, NASA is the National Aeronautics and Space Administration 🇺🇸👨👩🚀.  This week, I've mentioned another in our last vocabulary lesson about the Chinese Zodiac. I used the phrase The GOAT for referring to Roger Federer. Would you like to know why ❓ I'll tell you it in the following paragraph 👇. Guys, you know, Roger Federer is the most successful 🎾👨 in the Open Era;  but also, he is called 'The 🐐': The Greatest Of All Times. So, 'The 🐐' is the way fans and the 📰 📻 📺📱 called exceptional 👨👩 who are the best in the history of their field. Not only 'The